Equality and Diversity Statement
Pensford Primary School welcomes a diverse population of both students and staff. In order to consolidate and build upon this diversity, it is essential that equality of opportunity and the absence of unfair discrimination be at the core of all the School’s activities.
The School recognises the link between equality and quality and will not unfairly discriminate in the recruitment or general treatment of staff or students on the basis of any factor which is not relevant to academic achievement.
The School is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions and will seek to do this by:
- communicating its commitment to equality and diversity to all members of the Pensford Primary School community;
- communicating where responsibility lies for equality issues;
- providing training for decision-makers and briefings for staff and students;
- maintaining mechanisms for implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review;
- taking positive action to redress any under-representation of particular sub-groups in the workforce;
- treating acts of discrimination as a disciplinary offence;
- consulting with trade unions, interested groups and individuals, internal and external.
The Governing Body and Executive Board have responsibility for ensuring that the School operates within the legal framework for equality and for implementing the policy throughout the School. Discriminatory issues are dealt with by the appropriate committee.
In addition, each member of the School community is responsible for preventing unfair discrimination or harassment or victimisation which it is within their control to prevent; and challenging or reporting such in appropriate behaviour if it occurs.
Click to view the Equality Plan - here
Click to view the Accessibility Plan - here