Newsletter 22nd January - Issue 18
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are proud to say that our .....
- Stars of the week in Dragonfly class are: Harry & Lilou
- Stars of the week in Otter class are: Peter & Alfie G
- Stars of the week in Kingfisher class are: Sam & Diesel
- Headteacher Awards: Macie, Amore and Che
- Team point winners are: Blackwell
- Swimmer of the week: Sam Lucas Pledger
The final instalment of the Whitemead Camp needs to be paid by the Easter holidays. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to pay in smaller instalments up until that time. If you need to know your balance, please contact Sarah Millican, our Finance Officer on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Last week new homework books were given out to all pupils. Inside is a homework grid, the children are expected to choose a few pieces each week to complete. By the end of term most or all of the grid should have been completed. In order for your child to continue to make good progress regular reading, spelling and times tables practise will need to happen, weekly quizzes will continue to be given by the class teacher to support and monitor progress in spelling and times tables.
School Meals Price Increase
Thank you to all the parents who attended this Tuesday’s “Meet and Greet” with Miss Bishop, parents were informed that the price of a school meal will increase to £2.40 as of 1 April 2016. This is due to the fact that the BANES have been subsidising the cost of school meals over the last few years but this is being with drawn in the next financial year. Therefore the school will be charged £2.40 per school meal which means that we have to charge parents this amount. Further information and application forms for Free School Meals is available in the document holders by the Kitchen.
We have various items of school wear, both new and used available for sale. These items will be on display during the Valentine Lunch on Friday 12th February.
We have been informed of a few incidents at nearby schools of parents and children being approached by strangers. Please can you remain vigilant at all times and inform the school if you see anything unusual.
- Key Stage 1 testing will take place throughout May
- Key Stage 2 testing will start on Monday 9th May and finish on Thursday 12th May
- Phonics screening checks will take place week commencing 13th June.
To view a full copy of this newsletter please click -here