PE and Sport Premium
The most notable outcome of our PE & Sport Premium Spending is that we have now been awarded the School Games Silver Award.
We are very proud of the range of sports and opportunities that we offer, which have led to us being given this award. You can see a copy of the report here.
Primary Schools have received money specifically directed at making sustainable improvements to the PE and sport that they offer. This page is where we explain how we have used our funding. You can find more information about this Department for Education grant here.
We were allocated £8310 for the financial year 2016-17. We spent it in the following ways:
- provide non-contact time for each of our co-PE subject leaders in order to allow them to plan for, seek out and develop competitive sporting opportunities with other schools;
- provide further non-contact time for our PE leaders to take groups of pupils to such competitions, ensuring maximum possible participation for any disadvantaged pupils with a talent for sport;
- develop better opportunities for our Key Stage 2 pupils to take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team, such as making use of the facilities at a local forest school;
- go beyond the minimum national curriculum requirements for the teaching of swimming, by providing additional lessons and a gala competition in Term 6
- continue to buy in to a local schools partnership to access facilities and expertise to benefit our teachers' professional development and our children's opportunities to take part in sporting activities.