Pensford Primary School

Pensford Primary School

Live and Learn Together
Sun Smiley face Smiley face
Life at Pensford Primary School Life at Pensford Primary School Life at Pensford Primary School Life at Pensford Primary School
“Pupils feel safe
at school and are kind
to one another. They like
being at school and appreciate
the many experiences
they have.” - Ofsted
Smiley face

PTA NEWS

The Royal Celebration Party is this Sunday 11th June at the Memorial Hall from 3pm onwards. There will be a children's tea party, King and Queen fancy dress, burgers from Langford Farm, tea, cakes, bouncy castle, face painting, music and more. Please support this event if you can. Funds raised on behalf of PTA will be going towards the library! Thank you and hope to see you there.

PTA - meeting notes 19th May 2016

  • Meeting: Thursday 19 th May 2016
  • Attendees: Vic Spicer, Kirsty Wickenden, Lisa Cains, Sarah Curtis, Jo Barnes
  • Invited Attendees: Sheila Wilcox (Entertainments Manager from the Memorial Hall)
  • Apologies: Tracy Jones

1. Previous minutes and action updates

Actions completed other than:

  • Tracy to check football schedule for 11th June – not at meeting so not known
  • Lisa to contact Heidi regarding stalls and rides – Heidi not responding so probably not
  • Lisa to contact the Pyrotechnic and book for next year – ongoing action
  • Kirsty to proceed with the completion of the bank account application – ongoing action

2. Queen’s birthday celebration – 11 th June

Music through the decades to be on throughout the day, event going into the evening when a royal quiz will be held in the Hall. Children’s tea party to be made up of donated food items from school parents. Tea, coffee and cakes on sale in the Hall (cakes to be donated). Profits to be shared with Hall. Best king and queen fancy dress to win prizes. 

Action – stalls to be discussed and agreed upon. Discussed teddy tombola, name the teddy, guess the number of sweets.

Action – Lisa and Kirsty to discuss with Sharon Bishop the idea of giving the children crowns to decorate to be judged on the day, and preparing a dance to be performed on the day.

Action – Lisa to look into bouncy castle hire

Action – Lisa to source royal tea towel as prize

Action – list of suggested food items for the tea party to be put up at school for parents to sign up to.

3. New library

Sarah Millican has had a free design drawn up and is looking to get several quotes. The anticipated cost is £6000. The school is confident that it will get a grant from The Foyle Schools Library Programme, and they have applied for a £3000 grant. The school has asked the PTA if we are prepared to contribute the remaining £3000.

We currently have approximately £2500 in the bank, and Lisa has contacted the Community Trust with a view to applying for a £1000 grant. The Fund committee is meeting in a month.

Action – Lisa to get pics of the design and further information from Sarah before formally applying to the Fund.

We discussed concerns about the lack of PTA support for school sports. Agreed that we should focus on sport next year. Lisa has spoken to Sharon Bishop who has been in communication with the new head about the library, who is supportive and behind the The school plans to move around the offices in the June half-term holiday so that the library can be installed during term 6. School will pay and we will refund them our contribution. The committee agreed to contribute the requested £3000.

Coffee shop raffle – the dates have been put back so tickets are still available.

It was agreed that our contingency fund should be changed from £1000 to £500, so that £2000 is available immediately for the library.

4. Wednesday 20 th July – last day of term

Bbq to be held on Memorial Hall field. PTA agreed to run the bar.

5. School website

The website has been restructured and is due to go live. The PTA will have their own page, which will be found under ‘Community’. Vic will continue to add information to the page for us, as requested.

6. Year 6 leaving do

The PTA has been asked to contribute £100 towards this. PTA agreed to the contribution, but we will hold a cinema night in the hall to raise funds, perhaps offering a choice of films. 

Action – Lisa and Kirsty to look at the calendar with Sharon Bishop and possibly choose an evening after one of the after school clubs

Next meeting tbc